HOME|INTROSPECTION|MY POEMS|THE WORLD|QUOTES

Sunday

Magnanimity Aint What it's Cracked Up To Be


"Tales from my head
can't buy the book
No one's listening but I guess you could
Try whistling this
You say you're tired
Liquid as water
But you'll succumb now as I stroke your back
I'm the best that you know
And everytime you think of me
I hope you think of true romance
And every time you want to leave
You give us both another chance
Warmest welcome
Violent stranger
[S]he said come here as [s]he pushed me down
Impossible to do
In high heels walking into walls
Ever wonder if you're here at all?
And my words are ringing in your eyes
Drawing your attention to all the things that you'd ignore
And if I can't be near you I would rather be adrift in space
And if God deserts us now I'll turn this chapel into flames
And if someone tries to hurt you I'd put myself in your place"
-Neil Finn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home