HOME|INTROSPECTION|MY POEMS|THE WORLD|QUOTES

Wednesday

Salutations of Destiny's Wayfarer

"I followed happines to make her mine,
Past towering oak and swinging ivy vine.
She fled, I chased, over a slantng hill and dale,
Over fields and meadow, in the purpling vale
Pursuing rapidly over dashing stream,
I scaled dizzy cliff where eagles scream;
I traversed swiftly every land and sea,
But always happiness eluded me.
Exhausted, fainting, I pursued no more,
But sank to rest upon the barren shore.
One came and asked for food, and one for alms;
I placed the bread and gold in bony palms;
One came for sympathy, and one for rest;
I shared with every needy one my best;
When, lo! sweet happiness, with form divine,
Stood by me, whispering softly, "I am thine."
-James Allen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home