HOME|INTROSPECTION|MY POEMS|THE WORLD|QUOTES

Saturday

Free Will

Gee it's great to be back home, as Simon and Garfunkel strum the chords to "Keep the Customer Satisfied". Home is where I wanna be!

Played golf this morning, for my first outing in almost a month I played a smashing good game. I'll take 8 over this time of year. Good things to come for the season? Let us hope! I really can't complain this far. Life is good! Today, was a throw back of sorts, it brought me back about a month and a half ago when I was in South Carolina, an abundant transcended my life in January. Although I have felt the smooth transition, moving on. I admit, reluctantly, that I guess I'm still attached to the knots and the twine. This may be overreaction, but often imagination is better than reality.

Right now I'm catching up on the Ford Championsip at Doral. Over a year ago I learnt from my friend Margot that the horroscopes in the Village Voice by Rob Brezsny, are probably the most entertaining horroscopes written in New York. Not that I believe in horroscopes or anything, I never have... ooh, Tiger just moved within two of Mickelson, this is really shaping into a real heavy weight bout... Reading my horroscope is not, I repeat: is not a regular practice I am committed to, but when I am passing time like today after a good round on the links, I find them amusing. Since my trip to South Carolina, I had always wanted to research what my horroscope was that week:

Leo, week of January 13, 2005
"Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby is the best Hollywood movie of 2004, said A.O. Scott in the New York Times. But Salon.com's Charles Taylor panned the film, calling it leaden and boring, "a compendium of every cliché from every bad boxing melodrama ever made." I suspect that you will get equally contradictory reviews for your life and work in the coming week, Leo. For instance, some people may regard you as a magician who has transformed rot into splendor, while others may think of you as a dabbler with too much self-esteem. Both are wrong. More importantly, their opinions, whether good or bad, shouldn't concern you. Be your own judge."
Even more eye opening than that was the horroscope of my partner, the one who accompanied me that week, Gemini:
"In his book, Chronicles: Volume 1, famed Gemini bard Bob Dylan claims that he never wanted to be the voice of his generation, let alone a prophet of protest leading a charge to overthrow the corrupt empire. "I really was never any more than a folk musician who gazed into the gray mist with tear-blinded eyes," he writes. "My deepest dream was a house on a tree-lined block with a white picket fence, pink roses in the backyard." I believe many of you Geminis will thrive in the coming nine months if you pursue a similarly modest path. Beginning next November, you may be called on to raise some beautiful and benevolent hell, but in the short run I advise you to bolster your foundations with tender loving care."
"What's the matter with the truth, did I offend your ears?" Regardless, I am happy! And thank you Mike for helping me put that in perspective! People, neither lovers, friends nor family have the power to harness your happiness, that's an illusion. Read Richard Bach! You may experience joy with someone, but seldom is your happiness someone else's responsibility. When you do experience that joy hold fast to it, bite down on it with your molars and that's why I don't walk away. I just try to keep the customer satisfied, and it's the same old story.

Tiger, just shot a 63 for the day, maybe the round of the tournament! He and Mickelson will probably be paired tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home